PAGES

pep-pep-peppermint mocha

Saturday, February 15, 2014
Homemade coffee creamer. O. M. G.

Anyone else spend a small fortune on Starbucks every month? I can't help myself, I live by caffeine. Without it I would die never get anything done. 

I stopped buying coffeemate over a year ago and switched to half & half. A month or two of that and I started thinking I might be pregnant... And then confirmed it was juuuust the fat giving me a baby belly. 

So I went to whole, then 2% and then I was bored. Plain coffee, errrryday. Even the flavored coffee wasn't cutting it. So I randomly looked up homemade creamers on Pinterest and clearly Pinterest delivered. When doesn't it? 

I found over forty flavors!! Insane. It was tough picking my first one but peppermint mocha hit my chocolate nerve and I only needed two ingredients from the store. 

Can I just tell you? This is seriously worth making. It lasted the entire week (and more if Ian hadn't found it) and tasted just as good as my morning cup of fancy Joe from the drive thru Bucks up the road. I topped it off with whipped cream - a must - and peppermint pieces. 

It's healthier - no additives! - and you can make it with the milk of your choice. (I used 2% .)



1 can sweetened condensed milk
1-1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon peppermint extract

Mix it all in a resealable container and use by the date on your milk! I just tried vanilla caramel this morning and so far the peppermint mocha wins by a long shot. Enjoy and happy weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design